The Oswego Township Road District was created in the 1850’s to provide accessible public roadways for the residents of Oswego Township and those who pass through. This Department handles the Maintenance and reconstruction of over 70 miles of road and adjacent right of way. The recent spurt of new housing is not a new phenomenon to Oswegoland, starting in the late 1950s construction on a subdivision named Boulder Hill began and after 20 years of building, became, and still is, the largest unincorporated subdivision in the State of Illinois, with over 30 miles of road and 3000 homes. We provide service for unincorporated areas (not in any village or city limits) throughout Oswegoland. We have Intergovernmental Agreements with our surrounding agencies — Oswego Township works hand in hand with The Kendall County Hwy dept, Kendall Township, Bristol Township, Na-Au-Say Township, The Village of Oswego and Montgomery.