Little White School Museum, 2017
The Pearce Cemetery, another family burying ground, was established in 1845 in the northeast quarter of the northeast quarter of Sec 17, Oswego Township on land owned by pioneer settler Daniel Pearce. Daniel Pearce, along with this brothers John and Walter, and their brother-in-law William Smith Wilson were the first permanent settlers in Oswego Township, arriving in the spring of 1833.
The cemetery is situated just above Waubonsie Creek on Pfund Court, named after the Pfund family.
The first burial in the Pearce Cemetery was Josephine, the little daughter of Henry A. Clarke. Clarke was an early settler, arriving in 1830s, who also kept store in downtown Oswego. Clarke, too, was buried there following his death in 1862.
Also buried in the cemetery are many members of the pioneer Pearce family, including Daniel and his wife.
The cemetery was owned by the Pearce Cemetery Association before ownership was assumed by Oswego Township.
Pearce Cemetery is active.
Click Here for directions to Pearce Cemetery.